SUNFRAIL project reports
The project SUNFRAIL recognises the importance of patients’/beneficiaries’ perception and expectations on frailty and multimorbidity and on services and support related to these conditions. Understanding patients’/beneficiaries’ perception and expectations in this area is vital as it helps the project to communicate in an optimum way to older people. It is also key to ensuring the model is fit-for-purpose in terms of addressing patients’/beneficiaries’ frailty and multimorbidity needs and expectations of services available to them.
The report aims to outline a high level analysis of the results of various studies and highlight those which has particular significance and relevance to enhancing the project’s understanding of patient’s/final beneficiaries viewpoints, thus to tailor services tackling their needs.
Before developing a model of care for the detection, management and treatment of frailty and multimorbidity to be applied across Europe, it is important to verify which are the resources and organizations currently in place. For this reason, the SUNFRAIL project has conducted a preliminary description of the current situation across the participating Reference Sites located across Europe.
The results demonstrate a major heterogeneity across Europe for the resources and models devoted at detecting and managing frail older persons. The report identifies the few commonalities present across the Reference Sites and then proposes a possible model of care taking advantage of these shared points.
- Onder, G., Cesari, M., Maggio, M. and K. Palmer, ‘Defining a care pathway for patients with multimorbidity or frailty’, European Journal of Internal Medicine, 2017, 2 pages
- Illario, M. et al., ‘The Impact of Social and Cultural Engagement and Dieting on Well-Being and Resilience in a Group of Residents in the Metropolitan Area of Naples’, Journal of Aging Research, vol. 2016, Article ID 4768420, 2016, 11 pages
- Bousquet, J. et al., ‘Operational definition of active and healthy ageing (AHA): The European Innovation Partnership (EIP) on AHA Reference Site questionnaire‘, Montpellier 2014, Lisbon 2015, 13 pages
- Cesari, M., Calvani, R. and E. Marzetti,’Frailty in Older Persons‘, Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, 2017
Education and training
- SUNFRAIL Project Overview Presentation Understanding and Caring for Frailty and Multimorbidity, September 2015